June 13th, 2019
What to Know: Dance the World & World Dance Competition
Dance The World and World Dance Competition will be here before you know it. We are just a few weeks away from our events at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Here are a few things to keep in mind before and during your trip to the most magical place on Earth!
Review your travel documents.
- Everything you need to know regarding the event is in your travel documents. Become familiar with the general instructions, your dance studio’s itinerary, and the map of the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Take Photos of everything included in your travel documents.
- Before you leave for Florida, take photos of everything included in your travel documents. This includes VIP and Gala wristbands, Park Tickets (Front and Back), Itinerary, General Instructions, Hotel Voucher, etc.
Allow extra time to get to each location.
- Give yourself extra time to get to each location so you don’t miss an event. Plan accordingly to get to the stage shows, parades, gala, workshops, etc. on time.
Carry your park ticket with you at all times.
- During the event, you will need your Park Hopper® Ticket. Keep your physical park ticket, that was included your travel documents, with you at all times.
Don’t forget to pack your parade costume and parade shoes.
- If you need a different shoe size, shoe exchanges will be available at rehearsal. Remember to keep your shoes stored in the original box
While preparing for Dance The World or World Dance Competition keep in mind:
- Florida climate is hot and humid
- You are representing your dance studio
- Be on time
- Take time to network with other dance studios from around the world!
- Don’t forget to share your photos with us! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook and use #DanceTheWorld or #WorldDanceCompetition.